I’ve Been Nominated an Award!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award originated in Germany and stands for ‘Favourite Award’. It’s not your normal kind of ‘award’, but rather you become nominated by other bloggers. It’s a way for all bloggers to connect, and also to help to broaden the audience to your site.
Who Nominated Me?
I was nominated by the lovely HopeArtistry. So please go and check out her amazing blog. She’s only been blogging since July, and i’m already obsessed with her blog, but also her beautiful photography.
Everyone that gets nominated for a Liebster award is asked to write a blog post and answer a couple of questions about themself.
1.When and why did you start your blog?
I began my blog on Feburary 1st, 2015. I’ve always had a massive passion for writing, and read so many other people’s blogs. In order to continue my passion I decided to start my own blog. I began on WordPress.com, and created my account about half a month earlier, in the middle of Janurary, 2015, and then this past August I finally took probably the biggest step yet with my blog and bought out all rights to it, and my own domain. I guess the real reason for beginning my blog was because of my natural passion for writing, and that still continues to this day.
2. What is your most favourite post you have written so far and why?
That’s really difficult. I definitely love all of my ‘Quote of the Week’ posts, as I adore motivation/inspirational quotes, which is why it’s been really important for me to continue them. But, probably one of the most special and favourite posts I’ve ever written was my ‘Meet a Tapir Experience’, as it was honestly one of the most incredible days in all of my life. My favourite animal is a tapir and whenever i’m at the zoo I find myself staring in at their exhibit for as long as I can. Never, ever did I think I would be able to brush a tapir, but thanks to my amazing parents I could! It was the best present i’ve ever recieved. Both Rio and baby Thomas were so sweet, and let me brush them for ages, and even became so relaxed that they both fell asleep. So, and you can probably tell, it was a really magical day for me, so it was amazing to be able to share my story with everyone.
3. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I’m really boring, and not really done anything extreme at all. Although, probably the most ‘extreme’ thing i’ve done isn’t so adrenaline based, but more of an incredible experience, during my holiday to Rome. In order to get there we travelled the entire way by train, and took the Bernina Express up the Swiss Alps, which is definitely a memory that’s hard to forget, and was for sure an amazing thing to experience!
4. What is the best memory that you have while travelling?
I have so many amazing memories. They’re all really random things that stand out from my holidays, but as things we couldn’t stop laughing at. So yes, I do have some amazing memories, such as seeing the Eiffel Tower etc, but i’m more likely to remember the silly moments, or the things we didn’t expect to happen. I honestly can’t choose, but here are some of my favourites;
- My Dad getting hit on the head with an orange that fell off a tree in Italy.
- Getting stuck in a massive storm outside and hiding under a tiny parasol in Avignon with my entire family, and just watching the flood grow, with water pouring down the street, but little did we know if we carried on that road we would’ve reached shops and the palace we were attempting to find our way to.
- For sure one of my favourite memories is climbing up the Arc de Triomphe, and just staring at the views from above, and watching the world go by. It’s definitely one of my favourite places in the whole world to be.
- Taking a cruise along the river Seine, especially the time I went this year, as I sat at the top of the boat and could see a lot more.
- Oh, and I definitely loved the elderly lady in the same block of flats that we stayed in, in Rome, who had a little dog called Cookie, and she would just call his name. All you could see was his little tongue poke out through his furry face. And she was so happy when we said ‘Bonjourno’ to her.
5. Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place?
No, not that I can think of. I’ve been places that movies have been filmed and set at a later time, but not intentionally.
6. What is your advice to new bloggers?
Do it because of your passion. You should never begin to blog with money in mind. I started to blog because I loved to write and I wanted to share all of these memories online for the world to see, but also for myself to be able to come back to one day. I can go back to my blog years later and see what I used to do, and see how much i’ve grown, and I think that it’s amazing to have the ability to do that.
- Hannah- at ‘Hannah Elizabeth’
- Katie- from ‘Katie’s World’
- Talie- found at ‘Flying Through Life’
- Ashley- at ‘True Growth’
- What/who inspired you to begin your blog?
- What is your favourite part about where you live?
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
- What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
- If you could, which country would you love to visit, and why?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names? If not, would you ever want any?
- What’s a hobby you love?
- Answer the questions above
- Nominate other bloggers (with less than 200 followers)
- Create new questions for your nominees
- Credit and link back to the blogger who tagged you (ArtyAllsorts)