‘Just Because Your Path Is Different Doesn’t Mean You’re Lost’ Everyone’s paths are different, but that’s only because we all want different things from life. So just because you’re life takes different turns definitely doesn’t mean that you’re taking the wrong turn. Often we […]
Month: March 2018
‘Sometimes The Smallest Step In The Right Direction Ends Up Being The Biggest Step Of Your Life’ It’s not always about how big of a step you take, but more importantly it’s about whether you take that step to begin. It’s better to at […]
This is probably my favourite hairstyle that I’ve ever made, since it looks so complex, although in reality it is super simple and quick to make. It’s definitely easier if you can get someone else to do this braid on you, although I’ve managed to do it on myself before, so it is possible. For how difficult this hairstyle looks, it’s really quick to create, so it’s the perfect style for when you’re short of time but want to look like you’ve really put a lot of effort into your hair.
What you’ll need: comb, strong bobble, clear elastic bobble, bobby pins, hairspray (optional)
Time it takes: 10 minutes
How to do it:
- Pull all of the hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a strong bobble.
- Begin a French braid (by pulling the right strand over the middle, pulling in hair with each stitch, and vice versa), but instead of pulling each stitch tight across, pull it down and across.
- When there’s no hair left to add in, continue to braid to the bottom of the pony tail and secure it with a clear elastic bobble.
- Pinch the hair about 3 stitches down from the top of the pony tail and pull it up, securing it into place with bobby pins. Whilst pulling up the braid, it should cause the stitches to separate, allowing it to look like a ‘ribcage’.
- Bobby pin the extra braid at the bottom by flipping it underneath the ‘ribcage’.
- Use hairspray to ensure that the up-do will stay in place during the entire day.